Mid American Fitness in Farmington Hills, MI is a group fitness gym that offers progressive group fitness classes, Pilates Reformer, and Personal training geared towards clients of all fitness levels and abilities.
Clients can choose from more than 50 group fitness and exercise classes per week, including Fit Barre, Zumba, Spin, Yoga, Cardio, BODYPUMP™, High Intensity Interval Training, Sculpting and Core Strength Training, Tabata Bootcamp and more!
Our group fitness studio opened in May 2002 under the direction of owner Karen Blazaitis. Her goal was to offer a comfortable and welcoming fitness club where clients from all around Metro Detroit including Novi, Northville, Livonia, Southfield & West Bloomfield can achieve their fitness goals and improve overall health through a variety of exercise classes, personal trainers, weight-loss programs and fitness workshops.
Benefits of Exercising at Mid American Fitness
- Flexible enrollment and payment options. Packages that can take prices under $5 a class!
- Certified, motivational personal trainers who are fitness experts and provide personalized instruction for a balanced and effective workout.
- Small class sizes in a clean, welcoming fitness gym with the most current fitness equipment (all equipment is provided).
- Track your effort output in real-time by using MyZone, a state-of-the-art fitness tracking program that provides moment-by-moment feedback on your heart rate, calorie burn and more while you workout. Try a FREE MyZone demo belt on your first visit!
- Visible results such as increased strength and body tone, weight loss, cardiovascular endurance, and improved overall health.
- Free fitness consultation to assist in selecting the right plan for your fitness needs and budget.
- Convenient location near you. Our studio is located in Farmington Hills close to the Novi, Northville, Livonia, West Bloomfield and Southfield areas!
Our Group Fitness Instructors
Personalized fitness training is what we do at Mid American Fitness – stop in for a studio tour and meet our certified instructors and fitness trainers. Sit down with our gym staff for a free, pre-workout fitness consultation. We will recommend an exercise workout schedule to help you meet your fitness goals.
Our exercise instructors are carefully selected to provide the highest quality fitness training possible tailored to our clients’ needs. Our instructors are certified by nationally-accredited organizations, such as ACE, AFAA, NASM, Stott Pilates, RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher), and the fitness staff is both CPR and AED certified.
They continually update their fitness education and certifications to stay on top of the latest fitness research and newest instruction methods to assure clients a safe and effective workout.
Our instructors love teaching fitness classes and are genuinely interested in our clients’ progress towards their unique fitness goals.
For instructor profiles & photos click on the instructor’s name on the right side of the Mid American Fitness class schedule.
Do you love to teach? Apply for our staff here!
Social & Charity Events
The philosophy of Mid American Fitness is to support the health of our community through volunteer efforts. In addition, we feel that fitness should be social and fun; thus clients are invited to attend several social and charity events throughout the year. These include Ladies Night Out evenings, Wine Tasting Events, Healthy Heart Week, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and more! Check our website frequently for upcoming events.
Mid American Fitness favorite websites
Mid American Gym Policies
- Wear comfortable workout clothes and dry, supportive, clean athletic shoes to class. For your safety and the safety of other participants in class, please change into your dry athletic shoes after you arrive at the studio. Wet shoes are not allowed on the studio floors.
- For safety and sanitary reasons, clients must wear non-slip grip socks in Fit Barre and Pilates Mat classes. Available for purchase at the studio.
- Yoga classes are done barefoot or clients wear non-slip grip socks.
- Only water is allowed in the gym and water bottles must be kept in cubbie holes, not on studio floors.
- Mid American reserves the right to determine minimum/maximum fitness class size.
- Payments for exercise classes and services are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- No refunds/credits given for missed exercise classes or appointments.